Meet Founder Emily Florence
Welcome! I’m Emily Florence and I’m the Founder of EveryDay Happy and host of The EveryDay Happy Show podcast.
I’m also an award-winning author, journalist and certified life, life purpose and career coach helping people create more happiness and ease in their businesses and lives.
Before becoming an author, coach and an entrepreneur, I was an entertainment publicist representing award-winning TV shows including American Idol, Gilmore Girls, So You Think You Can Dance and more.
I have a Master of Arts in Broadcast Journalism from Emerson College in Boston and a BA in Cultural Anthropology from the University of California at Santa Barbara. My first company was honored to be named a Forbes Top 100 Website for Women and a W3 Award Winner for Best Writing for a Lifestyle Website.
Thank you for joining me and the EveryDay Happy community. I’m happy you’re here!
5 Fun Facts About Me
1. I can say the alphabet backwards in under 10 seconds flat.
2. At 20 years-old, I took a quarter off from college and went to Europe for several months by myself. The first month I lived in a flat in Florence, Italy with seven other people – I was the only American. The remainder of my trip I traveled everywhere I could.
That experience changed me to my core. Everything about it from traveling alone half-way across the world, to meeting new people, seeing other ways of living, learning how to depend on myself, and not complaining because I didn’t have anyone to complain to. I highly recommend everyone travel solo.
3. I’ve been lucky to call 9+ special places ‘home’ so far in my life including: Ojai, CA, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Florence, Italy, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Boston, New York City and Kauai, Hawaii.
4. I dropped out of law school after four days. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life when I finished college and law school was something I applied for and got in to, so I went. And even though I felt really cool saying “I’m going to law school,” by my second day I knew that it wasn’t something I wanted, and if I stayed the only reason I’d be doing so was to prove to everyone that I could do it.
That was the moment in my life when I realized that at the end of the day it didn’t matter what people thought or said about me, what mattered was how I felt. In making the decision to leave, I chose to live my life for me.
5. I have the cutest, sweetest and silliest Labrador pup on the planet, named Harper, who completely has my heart.
Quotes I live by:
“The most important thing is to enjoy your life — to be happy, it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn
“Happiness is not readymade. It comes from your own actions.” — Dalai Lama
Visit my website and sign up for my personal newsletter to receive personal stories, exciting announcements and more!