Meet Founder Emily Florence
Hi, I’m Emily Florence, and I’m an author, the Founder of EveryDay Happy, and the host of the EveryDay Happy Show podcast. I’m also a certified life, life purpose and business coach helping people create more joy and ease in their businesses and lives.
I have a Master of Arts in Broadcast Journalism from Emerson College in Boston, a BA in Cultural Anthropology from the University of California at Santa Barbara, and prior to becoming an entrepreneur I was an entertainment publicist representing award-winning clients including American Idol, Gilmore Girls, So You Think You Can Dance and more.
Visit my website and sign up for my personal newsletter to stay in touch and to receive inspiration, exciting updates, announcements and more. 🙂
Thank you for being here. Have a wonderful day!
6 Fun Facts About Me
1. I can say the alphabet backwards in under 10 seconds flat.
2. At 20 years-old, I took a quarter off from college and went to Europe for several months by myself. The first month I lived in a flat in Florence, Italy with seven other people – I was the only American. The remainder of my trip I traveled everywhere I could.
That experience changed me to my core. Everything about it from traveling alone half-way across the world, to meeting new people, seeing other ways of living, learning how to depend on myself, and even not complaining because I didn’t have anyone to complain to. I highly recommend traveling solo for everyone.
3. I’ve been lucky to call 9+ special places ‘home’ so far in my life including: Ojai, CA, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Florence, Italy, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Boston, New York City and Kauai, Hawaii.
4. I dropped out of law school after four days. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life when I finished college and law school was something I applied for and got in to, so I went. And even though I felt really cool saying “I’m going to law school,” by my second day I knew that it wasn’t something I wanted, and if I stayed the only reason I’d be doing so was to prove to everyone that I could do it.
That was the moment in my life when I realized that at the end of the day it didn’t matter what people thought or said about me, what mattered was how I felt. In making the decision to leave, I chose to live my life for me.
5. I have the cutest, sweetest and silliest Labrador pup on the planet, named Harper, who completely has my heart.
6. Quotes I live by:
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams, live the life you’ve imagined.” – Henry David Thoreau.
And from The Dalia Lama, “Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.”
Believe in yourself, choose more of what makes you happy, and follow your heart — no matter who tells you otherwise.