Isn’t Friday a happy day indeed? Come Friday the feeling of excitement and possibilities fills the air. And when Saturday rolls around, we’re well into experiencing weekend bliss. 🙂
But have you ever noticed how that weekend energy tends to shift around Sunday afternoon?
While it should be a day to relax and do things that bring us joy, sometime after lunch many of us end up feeling anxious about the week to come.
This unsettling feeling is so common there’s even a popular phrase for it … the Sunday Scaries.
Whether you’re familiar with the Sunday Scaries or not, rather than burden yourself with worry, this Sunday, we encourage you to stay in the present and focus only on things that make you happy.
To take full advantage of your Sunday (and to celebrate #SelfCareSunday with us on Instagram), this weekend ditch any urge to indulge the Sunday Scaries and instead …
- Sleep in, guilt-free. Enjoy your morning coffee in bed too, if you feel like it. 🙂
- Treat yourself to something special for breakfast … Waffles, home fries, avocado toast and a cup full of fresh fruit may be a yummy way to start your day!
- Cuddle your loved ones or fur babies.
- Write down five things you’re thankful for.
- Take an hour or two break from your phone and let your mind wander.
- Spend time in nature.
- Meet a friend for coffee and relish the little things like this that you weren’t able to do during the height of the pandemic.
- Book a self-care appointment — DIY or at a salon.
- Go to a farmer’s market and pick up some fun, in-season fruit and veggies for your week.
- Pop some popcorn, get comfy on your couch and enjoy a good movie.
Focus on staying present and enjoying yourself this weekend (the whole weekend!). When you do you’ll notice you enter the coming week with far more satisfaction and a greater sense of calm.
Wishing you a fantastic weekend!
Emily and the EveryDay Happy Team
P.S. Tag us on Instagram @EveryDayHappy.Life if you take a #SelfCareSunday pic of your own!
Speaking of self-care, there’s no better way to take some time out for yourself than by sitting back with a delicious cup of tea. We love these dessert blends from Art of Tea, like Caramelized Pear and Vanilla Berry Truffle, that truly feel like a treat.
Quote du jour
“Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” — Etty Hillesum
Read and Listen to More Like This
*We love all our picks, and if you make a purchase, we may get a little something back. Thanks for your support!