1. You don’t have to endlessly search Open Table to find an available reservation. Or start your dinner at 10 p.m. (and practically sleep through the meal) because it was the only time your favorite restaurant had free.
2. You don’t have to get stuck with an expensive prix fixe meal. Why is it that on Valentine’s Day, restaurants only offer prix fixe options?! You’re either left with an order you didn’t really want, or a bill you didn’t really want to pay (ugh, really, $250 for that?!).
3. You have an amazing excuse to hang out with friends. Round up your single buddies for drinks out, or have them over at your place. Then watch a goofy show (an episode of The Bachelor, perhaps?) or cheesy Hallmark movie. Laughs = mandatory.
4. You don’t have to think of the perfect gift. Relish the fact that you won’t have to agonize over trying to find the most sentimental, personal, meaningful present your partner has ever seen. Talk about a waste of time and mental energy!
5. You have more time to focus on Y-O-U. Yep, that’s right, you get bonus time leading up to the holiday and on the actual day, to focus on taking care of yours truly. Enjoy a few extra fitness classes, a few extra hot baths and maybe a few extra glasses of wine. 😉
Quote du jour
“Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.” — Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City
READ MORE LIKE THIS