When was the last time you took a few days off and just relaxed? If you’re scratching your head, it means it’s been way too long.
Today we want to encourage you to take some time to rest, unwind and do something that brings you joy. (And guilt-free because you truly do deserve it!)
Moments away from work are so important for our mental health to help us feel less stressed and more inspired. Yet many of us haven’t really taken vacation days the past few years so it’s about time we clear our schedule and make up for lost time. 🙂
Clearing your calendar and making room for a whole lotta nada is easier said than done. Life is busy and trips can be expensive. But the truth is, life will always be jam-packed and if you don’t take time off now, then when will you?
You don’t have to go anywhere far, or pay a premium, to truly getaway. Sometimes, the best vacations are the ones we take in our own backyard. Here are some of our favorite ways to staycation this summer (or even tomorrow!):
1. Grab a towel and a good book and get some sun at your local beach, lake, or backyard kiddie pool. 😉
2. Take a nature walk and picnic somewhere scenic. Pack some wine, or a refreshing mocktail and say ‘cheers’ to getting away.
3. Faux “camp” in your backyard. Invite some friends over to grill, make s’mores and look up at the stars.
4. Visit a local arts festival or cultural event in town.
5. Dine out at a restaurant inspired by somewhere you want to visit (whether it’s Italy, Thailand, Japan or Germany). Sample the menu and teach yourself how to say a few phrases that will come in handy for when you do eventually take that trip.
6. Turn your home into a spa — walk around in your robe, paint your nails, give yourself a facial and create a zen playlist. You truly don’t need to spend a lot to feel relaxed and pampered. Just be sure to add some cucumber slices to your water!
No matter what you do on your days off, the goal is to relax and unwind. You’ve earned this time off, now go enjoy it. 🙂
Emily and the EveryDay Happy Team
P.S. Join us on Instagram to feel inspired, uplifted and for daily tips to create more joy in your life.
Did you like this note? Now you can help us keep our notes ad-free by showing your appreciation with a tip. You can tip $5, $10, $25, $50, $100, or any amount you want. Thank you for your support!
Quote du jour
“A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” — Robert Orben
Read and Listen to More Like This
This Is Your Most Important Friendship
Relax in Your Every Day (Not Just on Vacay!)
3 Ways to Create a Perfect Staycation