As you get excited for 2022, we want to remind you of the importance of taking inventory of the year you’re saying goodbye to (or perhaps, enthusiastically saying goodbye to!).
What’s taking inventory, you may be wondering? Taking inventory is a simple exercise and the best way we know to set the stage for a fantastic new year. And all it takes is a pen, paper, and 15 minutes of uninterrupted time.
It’s worth noting, sometimes we tend to feel accomplishments only include major positive life events such as buying a house, reaching a money goal, having children, starting a company, or writing a book. But often it’s the dark days, difficult times, and hard-learned lessons that deserve recognition to prepare us for the next chapter of our lives.
This weekend, schedule a date with yourself to pour a cup of tea or glass of wine and take inventory of your 2021.
Taking Inventory Exercise:
- What major life changes occurred this year? (Did you move, make a career change, change your lifestyle, start a family, fall in love, end a bad relationship, start a business, close a business, etc.?)
- Did you have any adventures? What did you do and see?
- Who came into your life this year? Who left? (Friends, partners, lovers, clients, pets …)
- What was your absolute high of 2021?
- What was your low?
- What life lessons, trades and skills did you learn this year?
- What growth can you notice in yourself compared to this time last year?
- What do your income, savings and overall finances look like compared to last year?
- What would you like them to look like a year from now?
- What health or physical improvements did you make to your body or lifestyle?
- Did you make any big purchases? (Car, home, furniture, etc.)
- What was the most romantic moment you experienced in 2021?
- What was the most fun you had?
- What are you most proud of from 2021?
- If you had to describe 2021 in only one word what would it be?
Also, a quick reminder that we’re offering coaching in 2022 to make it the year you achieve your goals and truly live with intention. Join me for Goal-Getters, a brand new small group coaching program, or private one-on-one coaching, so that 12 months from now when you’re taking inventory again, you’ll see it’s been your best year yet!
Happy New Year, friend. Wishing you joy, ease, laughter and so much love in 2022!
Emily and the EveryDay Happy Team
Quote du jour
“Celebrate endings — for they precede new beginnings.” — Jonathan Huie
Read and Listen to More Like This