‘Tis the Season, Savvies!
2019 is around the corner, and with the excitement of where we’d like the new year to take us, it’s easy to forget all that this year has done for us.
We here at Savvy Miss have never been big fans of resolutions, but we do know the importance of taking inventory of each year we say goodbye to.
What’s taking inventory, you may be wondering? Taking inventory is a simple exercise and the best way we know to set the stage for a fantastic new year. And all it takes is a pen, paper and 10 minutes of uninterrupted time.
It’s worth noting, sometimes we tend to feel accomplishments only include major positive life events such as getting married, writing a book, reaching a money goal, having children, starting a company or buying a house.
But often it’s the dark days, difficult times and hard-learned lessons that deserve recognition to prepare us for the next chapter of our lives.
Before the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s Eve, schedule a date with yourself to pour a cup of tea or glass of bubbly and take inventory of your 2018.
Taking Inventory Exercise:
- What major life changes occurred this year? (Did you move, make a career change, change your lifestyle, get married, start a family, fall in love, end a bad relationship, start a business, close a business, etc.?)
- Did you travel? Where did you go? What did you see?
- Who came into your life this year? Who left? (Friends, partners, lovers, clients, pets …)
- What was your absolute high of 2018?
- What was your low?
- What life lessons, trades and skills did you learn this year?
- What growth can you notice in yourself compared to this time last year?
- What do your income, savings and overall finances look like compared to last year? What would you like them to look like a year from now?
- What health or physical improvements did you make to your body or lifestyle?
- Did you make any big purchases? (Car, home, furniture, etc.)
- What was the most romantic moment you experienced in 2018?
- What was the most fun you had?
- What are you most proud of from 2018?
- If you had to describe 2018 in only one word what would it be?
- Finally, choose a word for 2019 to keep at the forefront of your mind. (Examples: love, abundance, health, wealth, joy, ease, focus, flow, generosity.)
Quote du jour:
“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
READ MORE LIKE THIS: