The crisp autumn air, apples piling high, and leaves changing to vibrant shades of orange and gold — fall is here, and it’s one of the best times of the year (at least we think so!).
This fall may feel quite different with everything going on in the world right now. Your eyes might be glued to the news, giving you little time to notice the changing leaves right outside your window.
Although it might take a little extra effort in 2020, doing things that lift your spirits, like shifting your focus to this beautiful season, can bring you much-deserved peace and joy, even during a tumultuous time.
Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy the season:
- Take a drive and find the best fall foliage in town.
- Head to a pumpkin patch and pick out a big pumpkin to decorate your doorstep.
- Bake homemade apple and pumpkin treats (muffins, cookies, bread, scones — the list goes on!)
- Buy a pumpkin or cinnamon-spiced coffee drink, and take a walk in your neighborhood while you sip and listen to your favorite podcast. (Here’s our Everyday Happy Show.)
- Grab your coziest blanket, and sit outside with a good book and a cup of hot coffee or tea.
Happy fall! We hope you can enjoy this season to the fullest.
Quote du jour
“Autumn whispered to the wind, ‘I fall, but I always rise again.’” — Angie Weiland-Crosby
Read More Like This
You’re Allowed to Feel Good Right Now
It’s Time to Nourish Your Soul
What Have You Done For You Lately?