Happy New Year!
I hope 2022 is off to a fantastic start. 2020 and 2021 were in a large part about navigating the unknown and adjusting to change – and if there was ever a year for fresh starts and finally reaching your goals and dreams, it’s this one!
If you’d like to work with me personally to help you get clear on your goals and create a path to success, you can join me for One-on-One Life Coaching or One-on-One Business Coaching. I’m also kicking off Goal-Getters, a small group coaching program where you’ll be part of an intimate, special group that will support you in reaching your goals.
Hopefully, at least some of the weight from 2020 and 2021 has been lifted off your shoulders, so you’re able to go after what you truly want in life over the next 12 months.
So how do you make 2022 your best year ever? Here are five easy ways:
1. Put your goals to paper. Today, write out your top three goals for the year. Keep your list narrow so you don’t get overwhelmed (which can sometimes prevent you from reaching any goals).
We can do many things in life, but we can’t do everything at once. (At least not as quickly or well.) Decide what’s most important for you to achieve, experience, be, do or have in 2022 and write it down.
2. Jot down three action steps you can take this week for each goal. Do you want to learn a language? Maybe you write, “Look for classes, a teacher or program to sign up for.” Or if you have a goal to live with more intention, why not pencil in a 10-minute guided meditation? Ready to finally write that book or start that business? Maybe you hire a coach, or join a networking group. No matter the goal, you’ll have to take consistent action, so decide on three steps you can take this week to move you in the right direction.
3. Let go of your hangups. We all have things that hold us back from living our best life. Maybe it’s unproductive habits (hello endless social media scrolling) or negative self-talk. Identify what can keep you from reaching your goals and dreams (or from going after them in the first place!), and what you can do to stop them from interfering.
4. Schedule weekly check-ins. In order to reach any goal, you need to stay on track. Schedule time each week to review your goals. Celebrate your progress and recognize where you’re coming up short. Revise your goals or action steps accordingly. Then, use those check-ins as a moment to refocus and recharge, so you can stay on track.
5. Stay optimistic. Not every day will be perfect; setbacks and stumbling blocks happen. It’s part of life and more often than not, part of the process of going after a goal or dream. Keep your head held high and your belief in yourself strong. Remember why you’re going for this goal in the first place … most likely because you believe it will bring more joy to life … and don’t ever doubt how much you deserve it!
You’re stronger and more capable than you probably even know. So when the going gets tough, double down on how amazing you are. Be patient with yourself – and kind. You can do great things.
Wishing you a spectacular year ahead!
Emily and the EveryDay Happy Team
P.S. If you want to work with me in making 2022 the year of reaching goals and experiencing more joy, self-love, and ease, there’s still time to sign up for One-on-One Life Coaching, One-on-One Business Coaching, and our new Goal-Getters small group coaching program.
We’re all about planners here at EveryDay Happy — they make sticking to goals that much easier. And we especially love these ones that are so beautiful and inspiring, you’ll be excited to use them all year long.
Quote du jour
“The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide you’re not going to stay where you are.” — J.P. Morgan
Read and Listen to More Like This
*We love all of our picks, and if you make a purchase, we may get a little something back. Thanks for your support!