Quick — when was your last drink? And we’re talking H2O, not V-I-N-O! 😉
Drinking water is one of the best ways to treat your body right. It’s easy to forget to do, and take for granted, but it’s a self-care staple with benefits galore:
Staying hydrated helps keep you feeling happy, it keeps your muscles and joints functioning at top-notch and your digestive system running smoothly. It helps your immune system, boosts your metabolism, softens your skin and fuels your brain – talk about a miracle elixir.
If you think you may be in need of more H2O in your life (and chances you do are probably high!) give your body, mind, and spirit some love and …
- Set your alarm to remind you to drink a glass at different times of the day.
- Drink a large glass of water right when you wake up. (That’s right, even before your fresh cup of coffee, because we often get dehydrated when we sleep!)
- Carry a water bottle with you at all times. This will keep you sipping on the go.
- Create a routine of enjoying a glass with lemon along with your afternoon snack.
- Start a new happy hour routine of drinking water before you pour your drink — and continue sipping on another glass while you enjoy your cocktail.
If your happy hour turns into “hours,” drink a glass of H2O in between each glass of vino.
If simple flat water isn’t your favorite, swap it for sparkly water from time to time – or add fruit, like strawberry slices, cucumber or blackberries.
Drinking water often seems like an afterthought because it’s such a basic thing. But it’s one of the easiest ways to support our bodies, so be sure water stays on your radar.
Be good to yourself today!
P.S. Want to know how else you can treat your body and mind right? Our EveryDay Happy class begins soon. Hop on the waiting list and be the first to know when the doors open.
Quote du jour
“Happiness is good health and a bad memory.” — Ingrid Bergman
READ MORE LIKE THIS