Last week on Instagram we asked how you were feeling about your job, and 65% of you said: “not good!”
According to Forbes, millions of employees plan to change jobs this year. If you’re not sure if your job is the right fit (or if you just want to enjoy a moment of fun!), today we’re offering a little quiz to help you decide if your job is still serving you, or if you’re ready to move on to something else.
Hope you enjoy!
- When your alarm goes off on a random Tuesday, are you feeling at least somewhat excited for your day? Yes/No
- At the end of the week do you feel fulfilled, or at least satisfied with where your time and energy went? Yes/No
- Do you receive regular appreciation from your boss, co-workers, or teammates? Yes/No
- Do you feel satisfied with your financial compensation? Yes/No
- Can you see a clear path forward from where you’re at (and is it the path you want to continue on for the coming years)? Yes/No
- No job is perfect, but is your work to-do list filled with more stuff you truly enjoy than stuff you dislike? Yes/No
- Does your job challenge you in a good way and make you feel like you’re growing? Yes/No
5-7 Yeses = Sounds Like a Good Thing!
Congrats! It sounds like you’re enjoying your 9-5, so continue to grow and develop your skills, and of course, do regular check-ins to make sure you stay on the path you want to be.
3-4 Yeses = It Could Be Time for a Change
Right now things probably aren’t terrible, but they also don’t seem great. You deserve a career you love, so don’t be afraid to shake things up and look for new opportunities. They could be at your current workplace or someplace new, but either way it’s worth it to find something that makes you feel happy (at least most days!).
0-2 Yeses = Sounds Like You Want a New Job
Oh, we feel for you. It sounds like your job isn’t all you’d like it to be. It can be hard to make changes, but you deserve to pour your heart, time, and energy into something that makes you feel fulfilled. Set a goal to apply for something new, reach out to colleagues or friends that can help, or even go back to school to widen your options. Finding a job you love can take time and effort, but it’s worth it to do something that lights you up!
We all go through different seasons in our careers, and even if you’re not in a sunny season right now, it doesn’t mean you’ll be stuck feeling unsatisfied forever. Sometimes just being aware that you need to make a change can help set things in motion. 🙂
Wishing you a fantastic day!
Emily and the EveryDay Happy Team
Quote du jour
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” — Steve Jobs
Read and Listen to More Like This
*We love all of our picks, and if you make a purchase, we may get a little something back. Thanks for your support!