- Play a board game with your partner, roommate or invite your friends over for game night. If you’re hanging inside solo, take out a puzzle and put on some happy tunes!
- Get outside and toss a ball around (or a snowball depending on the weather) and play for a bit.
- Take a drive along the coast (or lake or river). Turn up the music, roll down the windows and let your hair blow in the wind.
- Treat a kid in your life to an ice cream sundae – and get one for yourself, too!
- Dust off an old jump rope or hula hoop. Or head to your local park and take a ride down the slide or hop on a swing.
- Plan a coffee or wine date with a friend who always makes you laugh.
- Try something new that gets you excited just thinking about it.
- Go to a comedy show — or any arts or cultural event (even if it’s random, like your town’s production of “Rent”).
How long has it been since you tried something new?
Whether it’s walking into a new fitness class, signing up for language lessons, trying out a new hobby or activity, or even attempting to cook a new meal, breaking from routine and trying something new makes us come alive.
Trying new things makes us step outside of our comfort zone (which isn’t always easy!). But doing so not only spices up our day, but reminds us of just how capable we are.