Imagine rolling out of bed with a smile on your face, laughing throughout your day, and going to bed feeling calm and content?
While not every day will be sunshine and rainbows, there are plenty of things you can do to add more joy to your every day. Here are seven simple ways:
1. Start your day with a “morning mantra” – Kick off your day with a phrase that makes you feel good about yourself and the day ahead. Some ideas include: “I love and approve of myself.” “I intend to have a wonderful day.” “I am a good person and life loves and supports me.”
Be intentional, loving, and positive.
2. Be grateful from the get-go – While you’re brushing your teeth or making your breakfast think of five things you’re truly grateful for. Don’t just say them in your head, feel them in your heart.
3. Make a souped-up breakfast – Add extra in-season fruit to your yogurt or smoothie so it feels more decadent, or you could even make “overnight oats” the night before, so you have a little treat in the fridge waiting for you. Here’s one of our favorite recipes!
4. Take big yoga breaths (think in through the nose, out through the mouth) when you’re doing “boring” things like folding laundry or emptying the dishwasher. You’ll turn “just another chore” into a zen moment.
5. Write a thank you note or send a gratitude text “just because” – You’ll brighten someone’s day which always boosts our own joy levels too.
6. Put a post-it on your desk with your favorite feel-good quote. One of our favorites? “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world” from Lucille Ball.
“The most important thing is to enjoy your life, to be happy. It’s all that matters” by Audrey Hepburn.
7. Watch something that makes you smile… or laugh. Turn on an old favorite sitcom like Friends, or Frasier, or pop on a YouTube video. (We’re suckers for silly cat and dog videos like two of our favorites, here).
Life won’t ever be perfect, but there are so many ways to find more joy in your every day. You just have to prioritize it. 🙂
Wishing you a joy-filled weekend!
Emily and the EveryDay Happy Team
P.S. Join us on Instagram and share with us how you like to add joyful moments to your day. Follow us @everydayhappy.life to feel inspired, uplifted and for daily tips to create more joy in your life.
Did you hear? Now you can help us keep our Friday notes free of ads when you show your appreciation with a tip. You can leave us a tip for $5, $10, $25, $50, $100, or any amount you want. Thank you for your support!
Quote du jour
“We cannot cure the world of sorrows, but we can choose to live in joy.” —Joseph Campbell
Read and Listen to More Like This
Four Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy More
10 Ways to Relax, Recharge, and Enjoy Yourself This Weekend
Budget Advice That’ll Bring You Joy
The One Thing You Should Do This Summer