When’s the last time you relaxed? Really, truly, relaxed (guilt-free!)?
Even when weekends roll around, it can be hard to allow ourselves to do nothing — especially when things are piling up on our to-do list. But this weekend, we want to encourage you to resist the urge to do anything other than relax.
We don’t have to tell you how hard the past 14 months have been. Each and every person on the planet has had more stress and worry to deal with than usual — and you deserve a big break.
That’s why, when you get a window of space like the long weekend ahead, you’ve got to claim it, and use the time to take care of Y-O-U.
Here are 10 ways to relax, restore and enjoy yourself this weekend:
- Head outside with a glass of iced tea or vino, kick your feet up and take a few long, deep breaths in and out.
2. Pull out a beach chair, or lay a towel on your lawn, put on a wide sun-protective hat and let yourself get lost in a good book.
3. Take a phone-free walk in nature — whether at your local park, beach, or hiking trail — and enjoy the birds chirping, bees buzzing and flowers blooming.
4. Make yourself a yummy margarita or cool mocktail and call up a friend to join you for an extra-special happy hour.
5. Hang some lights outdoors and enjoy dinner al fresco.
6. Get creative with your hands and paint with watercolors, bake a loaf of banana bread, or plant flowers or veggies in your garden.
7. Take a nap (or several!) — it’s not lazy, it’s loving. 🙂
8. Give your kitchen a break and order your favorite take-out.
9. Let water heal you by dipping in the ocean, a lake, a pool, or soaking in a bath.
10. Laugh. A lot! Whether you binge reruns of your favorite comedy TV show, call up your always funny friend, or revisit a memory from years back, make it a point to laugh this weekend and leave the drama behind.
Wishing you a relaxing and joyful weekend!
Emily and The EveryDay Happy Team
Quote du jour
“Each person deserves a day away in which no problems are confronted, no solutions searched for. Each of us needs to withdraw from the cares which will not withdraw from us.” — Maya Angelou
Read and Listen to More Like This
It’s Time to Nourish Your Soul
How to Stop Feeling Overwhelmed and Start Feeling Fulfilled
*We love all our picks, and if you make a purchase, we may get a little something back. Thanks for your support!