Summer’s in full-swing here at Savvy Miss and while it’s hard to have a bad summer — what with beach days, yummy in-season fruits and chilled rosé — today we’re sharing our favorite ways to make your next few months even more memorable.
(We know it’s winter for our friends in the southern hemisphere, but your summer will come soon enough, so bookmark these ideas!)
You work so hard and do so much — give yourself permission to indulge in all the goodness this season has to offer.
Here are 10 ways to do this summer right:
1. Take Fridays off. The term “Summer Fridays” exists for a reason. Even if your company doesn’t give you free Fridays, use your vacation and personal days for extra-long, 3-day weekends. You deserve this time to enjoy and recharge!
2. Savor strawberries and other in-season fruit. Nothing says summer like strawberries, watermelon and other delicious produce. Give your body (and taste buds!) some love this season and stock up on juicy fruit. You may even have a farm close to home where you can pick it yourself and make it an afternoon to remember.
3. Take time to focus on what’s important to you. It’s easier to create more time for ourselves during summer months. Schedule a half hour a day, an hour a week, a day a month to focus on something important to you. It could be a project you’ve been meaning to get to, working on personal growth or giving more time to volunteer in your community or spend time with friends and loved ones.
Take advantage of the extra daylight and often more flexible and relaxed work days and spend some time on what matters to you.
4. Act like a kid. Remember how much you loved summer break when growing up? This summer, take time to return to the inner kid in you and go to an amusement park, visit a water park (and actually go down the slides!) or stay inside with the air conditioner and watch a feel-good movie in the middle of the day — guilt free!
5. Make a summer seasonal cocktail or go-to smoothie. “That was the summer of pixie tangerine martinis!” “That was the summer of banana-coconut smoothies!” Make this summer stand out from the rest with a themed cocktail or smoothie.
Shake up your cocktail or blend your smoothie for your neighbors and friends and cheers to a summer to remember!
6. Unwind in nature. Summer is all about being outdoors and fresh air is so good for us. Stretch out in the sand or under a park tree and enjoy pleasure-reading or listening to an inspirational podcast. Take an afternoon nap or an evening star gaze.
Enjoy the extra hours of daylight and take your after work exercise and social gatherings outdoors.
7. Make it memorable for you and your family. Take a summer vacation (or two or three!), schedule time with your partner for some summer romance and with your kids to make popsicles, play games or lay around and enjoy family conversations. Make new memories to last a lifetime.
8. Get wet. Swim in the ocean, a lake or pool. Slide down a slip and slide. Have a water balloon fight with your kids or run through the sprinklers with your fur babies. Water is healing both to keep your body cool and for your spirit. Soak it in!
9. Have a summer fling. Not every person you date has to be heading toward “I do” — if you’re single, enjoy mingling and getting to know someone (or someones). Summer’s no doubt the most relaxed and fun season of the year — exactly what a good date is all about!
10. Explore something new. Whether it’s traveling to a country you’ve never seen (or a nearby town), whipping something up in the kitchen or on the grill you’ve never attempted, or joining a class or meet-up you’ve never experienced, push yourself to get out of your comfort zone and try something new this month. The other seasons are for routine — but summer is all about adventure.
You deserve to be happy. You deserve to relax. You deserve to ENJOY your life and this summer to the max.
P.S. Want to make this summer your most life-changing yet? Boost self-love, self-care and create more happiness and ease in your every day with our 30-day online class. Save $50 when you sign up here.
Quote du jour
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
READ MORE LIKE THIS
The Sweetness of Doing Nothing